Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why no Extra Curriculars??

This is a question I receive a lot during school tours. Many schools, I know, offer dance, gymnastics, spanish, etc. While those are so much fun, I believe children have plenty of time for that. Dr. Montessori believed children agies 3-6 didn't need all those add ins. I love that at Trulove the children have plenty of time to take something out and know they have time to finish it. They are never hurried or asked to clean up so we can move along to the next thing.

We do incorporate music into our day. We have a wonderful musician that comes in with a guitar. If the children would like to join her, then fantastic. If not they may continue their work. I absolutely know they are absorbing the music because often I hear them singing or humming a tune while working.

I enjoy that in our children's house, the children set the pace. Some days it is bustling with excitement and other days you can hear a pin drop in the classroom. Never a dull moment

No comments:

Post a Comment